Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Art of Losing Simplicity

The Homeland, Aztlan



"In the 1950's I saw the land, cut up into thousands of neat rectangles and squares, constantly being irrigated. In 340-days growth season, the seeds of any kind of fruit or vegetable had only to be stuck in the ground in order to grow. More big land corporations came in and bought up the remaining land"



I remember being a little girl, playing with my mothers pager when i was bored, I remember in elementary school hearing about the rianforest and all its beauty. It is a downcast to be able to start a sentence with the words "I remember back when..." I am only nineteen, and such a sentence sounds as if it came from a story my grandmother would tell, but the changes in the world that have happen durning my life time have been significant enough to point out in such a way. My younger brother who is all of eight years old, owns his every own cell phone, something my mother did not own until her late twenties. I feel that younger genegerations have not been given the chance to fully mature their imagination, because video games and computers have filled the spot where toys that did not require batteries use to be, thus only making them less of a whole person. I feel disheartened that future generations will never know simplicity.

simplicity Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers